At San Marcos Family Dentistry Dr. Gene Milligan, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our patients have the tools and resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing, preventative dental care. It also requires education so that you become aware of your dental solutions and what you can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we provide some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our 78666 dental office at (512) 392-6739.
- Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
- Gene Milligan DDS often recommends dental implants as a tooth replacement solution because it is the only solution that replaces both the missing root and tooth. However, in order to qualify for dental implants you need to have sufficient density in your jawbone along with healthy gums. If you do not, you may need to consider a bone graft or a hybrid solution. We can let you know for sure after an examination is conducted in our 78666 dental office.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety is an issue that more people deal with than some realize. If you are afraid of visiting the dentist or have extreme anxiety and worry when it is time to have dental work done, let us know. There are sedation options that can help you to relax and medication that can keep you comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Does Invisalign® Really Work
- Yes, clear aligners can straighten your teeth and give you a beautiful smile. They work by surrounding your teeth and placing pressure on specific ones. By switching your aligners out with a new one in the series, your teeth will continue to move into position until they are perfectly straight. To learn more, call our San Marcos, TX dental office and schedule a consultation.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If you have lost teeth, you are not alone. The majority of adults will lose at least one permanent tooth. Gene Milligan DDS can provide you with a variety of solutions that include dentures, a dental bridge, and dental implants. All three are an effective way to restore your smile and give you the ability to eat and speak clearly. However, there are distinct advantages to each procedure. To find out which one would work best for you, call 512-392-6739.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At San Marcos Family Dentistry Dr. Gene Milligan, we are passionate about patient education and will take time to show you how to brush and floss properly when you visit our 78666 dental office. We recommend that you brush your teeth two to three times a day using a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your teeth clean and healthy when also combined with daily flossing. You should still visit our San Marcos office for a professional teeth cleaning twice per year.
- Post-Op Care for Dental Implants
- After receiving dental implants, your gums will be sore for around a week. You can help to ease the swelling and discomfort using an icepack and ibuprofen. During this time, you should eat soft foods only and be careful not to irritate your gums in any way. You need to keep them clean so we may provide you with a medicated rinse to help do so. Once the gums have healed, you can return to a semi-normal diet, though you should avoid anything too hard or crunchy for a couple of weeks.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments for children and potentially – dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of you and your children developing cavities. At San Marcos Family Dentistry Dr. Gene Milligan, we can create a preventative dental care plan for you and your family.
- Questions to Ask at Your Free Dental Implants Consultation
- Make sure you ask Gene Milligan DDS about the procedure and recovery process. By learning everything about the process, you will know what to expect and be better prepared for it. You should also ask if the dentist recommends that you have every one of your missing teeth replaced with an implant or if a hybrid solution would be better for you.
- The Dental Implant Procedure
- In the dental implant procedure, a titanium post is implanted under the gums and secured to the jawbone. Over the course of a few months, the process of osseointegration will take place and the jawbone will become fused with the implant. Once done, the jawbone will provide the same level of stability to the new tooth that it did to the natural one.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentist San Marcos.
For more helpful dental information, read our website or call (512) 392-6739 to schedule an appointment with Gene Milligan DDS. At San Marcos Family Dentistry Dr. Gene Milligan we will be happy to answer any questions you have about oral health from our San Marcos dental office.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- San Marcos Family Dentistry Dr. Gene Milligan was established in 1976
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Hays, Caldwell, Guadalupe
- We serve patients from the following cities: San Marcos, Kyle, Austin, Universal City, Live Oak, Kirby, Pflugerville, Converse, Canyon Lake, Seguin, New Braunsels, Buda
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information